Monday, December 22, 2008

Time

‘I will pick you at 8’, he had said. It is past 10 now and am still waiting for him to show up.

I had to forgo my morning exercise to be ready by 8 and rushed through with whatever little I could stuff myself with in breakfast.

Now waiting in the hotel room, with nothing much to do, I am angry at myself.

 I curse myself for believing him. I should have known by now. It happens all the time with him. Funny thing is he switches off his mobile too.

I hate to wait and hate it more to make somebody wait. 

Invariably I am ready before the scheduled time.


I have learnt not to try changing others but to accept people as they are, with all their goodness and faults.

In the process I also learnt that it is equally difficult to change myself.  Still trying to accept myself as I am.

It would be so much better if we could learn to respect others time as well as our own.

So the wait continues…..he cant be changed, and I refuse to change myself.

2 comments:

vini said...

I suppose this was meant for your guy?? wht time did he finally come?? and wht was ur reaction??

manoj said...

i try not to react...didnt say a word when he came around 11. my trick is to let the fellow realise instead of expressing it myself in words.