Saturday, January 31, 2009

My rambling

It was a spiritual moment. It was only me, the mountain and the clear blue water lake in front of me. The air was still. At a distance I could see snow capped peaks aiming towards sky.

It was a pleasant and warm day in spite of it being a winter month. Even though I was there with a friend, he didn’t exist for me for those magical moments. I was one with that moment and my surroundings.

For many moments even thoughts didn’t disturb my trance like state.
The mountain is so gracious. The lake is so majestic. They are always there for us. We can come to them any time we want to. They accept us without judgment and provide relief to our mind and soul. We feel rejuvenated in their company.

Whether with our family members or friends, I think, we need to adopt similar attitude….to be there with total acceptance and without conditions. They should know they have us to confide in or seek solace whenever they want to.

Does that make us a doormat? Sometimes it may seem so. For such a situation we may have to resort to some act. It is not advisable to let people take us for granted.

However, when they are in need of our counsel or help, we should be there without prejudice, and without carrying burden of that person’s past acts which might have offended us.

We all need and look out for such support in life. Maybe we can begin by being support ourselves for our near and dear ones.

2 comments:

Rema said...

Very well said! Very true indeed! I have similar views on this subject. Thanks for the good post.
Rema.

manoj said...

Thank u ma'am for your encouraging comments.